Saturday, January 1, 2011

Be It Ever So Simple

Be It Ever So Simple, There Is Nowhere Like Home.

Home is where the heart is. 

There are so many cliches out there regarding "Home", but none are so true as "Be it ever so simple, there is nowhere like home".

After being away from home for a few weeks, I returned yesterday, and the immense pleasure I received by walking through the front door is immeasurable.  Home is where my family is; where I have spent much time; where my son grew up and is still living here and I love the fact that he lives here; where all my collections and books are; where I have painted the walls of; cleaned countless times; laughed countless times; cried countless times; worked; slept, ate, had friends and family drop in for a meal; had friends and family stay; and many other millions of events have taken place. Every one of these events is a precious memory, and is what is added to the inside of my home and contained within these walls.  These are what make my home into HOME.

It is so hard to explain the tremendous and overwhelming feeling that comes over me when I utter these words:

"I AM HOME."

*******************************************************************************************************





           

No comments:

Post a Comment